Why does it matter? It matters because God tells us that there’s a day coming when each of us will stand before our Creator and give an account to Him for our lives. It matters because God has said that He will judge all wrong-doing. It matters because God loves us, wants to save us from this judgment, and live in peace with Him. It matters because, according to what God has said, apart from Jesus Christ, there is no other way to be forgiven of our offenses, restored back to right relationship with God, and to be saved from His righteous, eternal judgment. It matters because there’s no one else who can set us free from the power of the spirits, addictions, fear, and the shame of our past.
It comes down to these important truths:
- Our Creator God is holy, perfect, and just.Each of us has offended our Creator
- We each will stand before Him one day and He will judge us
- Eternal judgment awaits the guilty
- Because of His great love for us, God has made a way for us to be forgiven and restored.
- Only through Jesus can we have true peace with God.
- Only in walking with Jesus can we experience deliverance and victory over darkness.
That’s why it matters. If you’re interested in learning more… or would like to know how you can be right with God, we invite you to read on and consider in more detail these important truths.